Friday, November 19, 2010

Psalm 12

6 And the words of the LORD are flawless,
like silver refined in a furnace of clay,
purified seven times.

I often feel cheesy when thinking about the promises of God. I perceive them to be slogans we print on mugs and Christian t shirts rather than beautiful and rare and pure and eternal. Flawless. They are perfect and absolute truths. There are no conditions or loopholes or strings attached. They bring life and restoration our lives and our world screams for.

Words like Zephaniah 3:17:
The LORD your God is with you,
he is mighty to save.
He will take great delight in you,
he will quiet you with his love,
he will rejoice over you with singing.

What words of God are bringing you life?

1 comment:

  1. On loneliness:

    Psalm 27:7-10

    Hear, O Lord, when I cry aloud;
    be gracious to me and answer me!

    You have said, “Seek my face.”
    My heart says to you,
    “Your face, Lord, do I seek.”

    Hide not your face from me.
    Turn not your servant away in anger,
    you who have been my help.
    Cast me not off; forsake me not,
    God of my salvation!

    For my father and my mother have forsaken me,
    but the Lord will take me in.

    ReplyDelete