Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Psalm 2

I've decided to go through a Psalm a day and post my thoughts. Today's psalm isn't connecting with my brain. As a whole, I don't really understand it because it mentions kings and kingdoms and rulers, and I don't have any experience with them.

And then I started thinking about God's Kingdom, and how I can just think about it and gush about it and be captivated by it and desire to be a part of it and throw out hot buzz words like
revolutionary
relevant
social justice
forgiveness
missional
transformational
counter-cultural
sacrificial
reconciliation

And I can't help but think that sometimes, seeing God's Kingdom gets in the way of me seeing God.

I love looking at things my friends have created: poetry, crafts, blogs, music, photos, events, scrapbooks. Seeing what they have made shows me more of who they are and what they love and are about and want to see more of in the world. It makes me do a double-take at its creator; it points to them and their heart and that is a beautiful thing.

I want to view God's Kingdom in the same way.
I want to know the Creator and His Beauty more fully because of what I have seen.
The Kingdom is merely a taste of who God is, and that is awesome.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Bethanie,
    It's M. Lankford. I saw on your facebook page that you have a blogger account and so now I'm following you. I need to keep up with mine more! Anyway, I dig that you're going through a Psalm a day. Right now, I'm going through part of the Tao Te Ching a day. :) So, I just wanted to let you know how groovy all this is. And I'll try to keep up with reading your posts. :)

    ReplyDelete