Friday, August 19, 2011

Psalm 21

[on the enemies of God]

verses 11 and 12:

Though they plan evil against you,
though they devise mischief, they will not succeed.

For you will put them to flight;
you will aim at their faces with your bows.

wow, let's inahle and exhale deeply - that is ridiculously intense.

you will aim at their face with your bows?

over the summer, I began to see and experience God as Fierce Judge. Think of God as revealed in the Old Testament. and I don't totally understand him and his decisions. head-knowledge, yes. soul knowledge, yes. heart knowledge? not yet. and maybe not in this lifetime. i am learning that is ok. He is God. I am me.

what has been life and faith changing is that because of Jesus' sacrifice, I am able to stand totally clean and blameless before this Fierce Judge. I am able to be guided, doted upon, and loved by a God who aims at the faces of his enemies with his bows completely unafraid, but rather, protected.

I stand in the eye of a hurricane because of Jesus Christ.

Because of him, his former enemies are made dearly loved children, siblings, co-heirs, workers, and servants of Christ. I pray that we would continue to let the truth that we receive mercy, even grace, instead of wrath steep deeply in out lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment